At a school board meeting today, the Provo City School District Board of Education further discussed the move to Phase 2 of the Return to School Plan. After reviewing the most up-to-date data in...
Lakeview was pleased to welcome teachers and students from Provo High Government classes to help our fifth-grade students in their study of the United States Constitution. The students were well informed and their presentations were engaging. Thanks, Provo High you’re welcome back anytime!
Fifth-Grade Social Studies, Standard III
Students will understand the rights and responsibilities guaranteed in the United States Constitution and Bill of Rights. Enduring Understandings
- Rights and responsibilities are guaranteed in the United States Constitution and Bill of Rights.
- Governments balance the rights and responsibilities of individuals with the common good.
- The structures and functions of the parts of government interrelate.
- The Constitution is a living document.
- The Constitution established principles that guide the government’s decision-making ability, providing a framework by which we can evaluate our nation’s progress and suggest means for improvement.
- Geography is the foundation for civilization, settlement, and culture.