The Lakeview choir delighted a large crowd of family members and fans with several excellent numbers during their 2023 Choir Concert. Under the direction of Ms. Elizabeth Thompson, the choir was...
Mrs. Hafen’s class explored the topography of Utah by creating three-dimensional relief maps of the state. Students used salt dough to create their maps.
Utah State Social Studies Standard 1
Students will understand the relationship between the physical geography in Utah and human life.
Objective 2 Analyze how physical geography affects human life in Utah.
- Identify population concentrations in the state and infer causal relationships between population and physical geography.
- Classify the distribution and use of natural resources.
- Compare the development of industry and business in Utah as it relates to its physical geography (e.g. mining, oil, agriculture, tourism).
- Make inferences about the relationships between the physical geography of Utah and the state’s communication and transportation systems (e.g. trails, roads, telegraph, rail lines).
- Examine the interactions between physical geography and public health and safety (e.g. inversions, earthquakes, flooding, fire).
- Explain how archaeology informs about the past (e.g. artifacts, ruins, excavations).