Is there anything cuter than our Kindergarten Program? These little Lions were sure excited to get on stage and see their families in the audience. Once again, a little kindness won the day; our...
As part of Safety Week, Lakeview Lions were instructed in bus safety policies and procedures by the district Transportation Department.
Even though Lakeview is a walk-in school, our students often ride buses on field trips. You may want to review the Safe Travel to and from School: Student Conduct on School Buses policies below or on the district webpage at https://provo.edu/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/6605P1SchoolBusRules.pdf
And of course, always stop for school buses when the red lights are flashing.
Provo City School District Policy Series 6000: Finances and Operations
Safe Travel to and from School: Student Conduct on School Buses 6605 P1
- A. Students are expected to follow these rules and other reasonable expectations.
- B. Students should arrive at their assigned bus stop five minutes before the scheduled bus arrival time.
- C. Students shall wait in a safe place, clear of traffic and away from where the bus stops.
- D. Students shall wait in an orderly line and avoid horseplay.
- E. Students shall avoid the road or street in front of the bus until the bus has come to a complete stop and the driver gives the crossing signal.
- F. Upon entering the bus, students shall go directly to an available or assigned seat.
- G. Students shall remain seated, facing the front with their feet on the floor and keep the aisle and exits clear.
- H. Students shall maintain classroom conduct (no loud talking, loud laughing, shouting, disorderly or improper conduct) and obey the driver promptly and respectfully.
- I. Students shall refrain from throwing or passing objects on, from or into buses.
- J. Students are permitted to carry only objects (instruments, backpacks, etc.) that fit in their lap. Skateboards are allowed only if they easily fit on the student’s lap.
- K. NO USE of skateboards shall be allowed down the aisle of the bus.
- L. The following shall not be allowed on the bus: foul language or possession of tobacco, alcohol, drugs, any other illegal substance, or weapons.
- M. Students shall refrain from eating or drinking on the bus (avoid choking due to motion).
- N. Students shall not carry hazardous materials, nuisance items and animals onto the bus.
- O. Students shall respect the rights and safety of others.
- P. Students shall not board or exit the bus, except at their designated stops, and only ride their assigned bus.
- Q. Students shall not extend body parts or objects out of the bus windows.
- R. Students shall not “hitch a ride” via the back bumper of the bus.
- S. Damage to the bus or items belonging to bus passengers, shall be paid for by the student responsible for the damage.
- T. Students shall be perfectly quiet when a bus comes to or is crossing a railroad track
Cross References: Policy 6605 Safe Travel to and from School
Adopted: March 11, 2014
Revised: November 3, 2014