Our webpage now offers full translation into Spanish and Portuguese. Find the dropdown menu in the upper right-hand corner of any post. There you will find links to the English, Spanish, and...
Back-to-School Night – August 15th, 4-5:30 PM
Please join us for Back-to-School Night from 4:00-5:30 PM, on August 15th. The event is open house style, so you can come anytime. We have heard your feedback about making the event more efficient. Because of this, we have decided to distribute student t-shirts at another time and we will also have more than one way to visit the locations you need to around the building.
First-Day-of-School – First to Sixth Grades
- The First Day of School is August 16th for 1st to 6th grades*
- School will begin at 8:20 AM
- Early Dismissal for the first week – we will have early-out days at 1:10 pm for the first week of school (Aug 16-22) to allow time for teachers to meet with parents. Regular school hours will start on Wednesday, August 23.
This year, our school is moving completely to full-day kindergarten. Following a week of individual assessments, all four classes will run during the regular school hours of 8:20 am to 2:55 pm (1:05 pm on Fridays). (We let kindergarteners out five minutes before the rest of the school to give them a head start before all other students are released.)
- The first day of Kindergarten will be August 23rd.
- To help our little ones transition to full-day kindergarten, the first week and a half of kindergarten classes (August 23-31) will be early-out (1:05 pm on those days) for Kindergarten only.
- Their full-day schedule begins on September 5th.
Normal School Schedule (1st-6th grades):
- 7:40 to 8:10 am – Students can purchase breakfast in the cafeteria (entering through the door on the east side of the school).
- 8:00 am – Students may begin to line up behind the school with their class. All bikes, scooters, and skateboards must be left in the racks in the back (don’t forget to lock them up!). If students are not eating breakfast at the school, please do not send them earlier than 8:00 am as they will not be supervised.
- 8:10 to 8:15 am – Teachers will pick up their classes from behind the school and walk them to the classroom. All students should enter the school through the back doors. (If it is raining, snowing, or below 20 degrees, we will open all entrances to the school starting at 8:00 am for students to quickly enter).
- 8:20 am – The school bell rings and school begins promptly at this time. Students arriving after 8:20 am must pick up a tardy slip and be counted as tardy.
- 3:00 pm Mondays to Thursdays (and 1:10 pm on Fridays) – School ends when the bell rings. Teachers will walk their students to the closest door and release their students outside. Siblings or carpool groups should choose a location to meet up since students will be leaving through different doors. Students are not allowed to come back into the school to call their parents for 15 minutes.
- 3:30 pm (1:40 pm on Fridays) – All students must be picked up or leave the school property. There is no supervision for students beyond 30 minutes after school.
Student safety is our top priority
- We encourage as many children as possible to walk or bike to school.
- If you must drive, please be respectful, slow, and kind as you navigate the front drop-off and pick-up area.
- Remember our three traffic safety rules: (1) Stay in your car; (2) Only cross at crosswalks; (3) Only drop off and pick up students in the lane closest to the curb.
- RAPTOR Security System – As a reminder, all adults coming into the building between the hours of 8:00 am and 3:30 pm must bring their ID and check-in in the vestibule, using our RAPTOR system to have a badge printed.