Adverse Childhood Experiences What are ACEs? ACEs are adverse childhood experiences. While all of us experience adversity or difficult circumstances in life, ACEs are traumatic events that occur in...
The Lakeview Charoleers Honor Mrs. Heaton’s Retirement at their Spring Fine Arts Concert
The Charoleers were outstanding in their May 12th Fine Arts Concert. The Choir performed several numbers under the direction of Mrs. Judy Heaton and Mr. Logan McKinney, accompanied by Jessica Nielson, piano, and Laura Rubio, Flute.
- Rise Up Singing, from King Arthur by Henry Purcell, arranged by Patric M Liebergen
- Fengyang Song from a Set of Chinese Folk Songs (Chinese Traditional) Arr. Chen Yi
- How Can I Keep from Singing? (Quaker Traditional) Arr. Ginger Littleton
- Chorus from Domine Dominus Noster by Lucretia Vizzanan
- Lullaby from Brundibar by Hans Krasa
- Goodbye Girls I’m Goin’ to Boston (American traditional) arr Shirley W. McRae
- Ladybird’s Song & Summer Waltz from Songs from Childhood by Arvo Part
As a farewell number, the choir sang Homeward Bound by Marta Keen, arr. Jay Althouse, in honor of Mrs. Heaton. Mrs. Heaton will be retiring after 16 years as the Grandview and then Lakeview Choir director. During that time she also served as the school music teacher before teaching 2nd grade. Over those years she has not only shared her love of music but her love for her students. Hundreds of students have benefited from her talent, love, and dedication. She will be missed at Lakeview.