Our webpage now offers full translation into Spanish and Portuguese. Find the dropdown menu in the upper right-hand corner of any post. There you will find links to the English, Spanish, and...
Our second-grade classes attended a field trip to Diamond campground in Diamond Fork Canyon. Students learned about animals, adaptation, and habitats.
Second Grade Science Standards Standard 4 Life Science. Students will gain an understanding of Life Science through the study of changes in organisms over time and the nature of living things.
Objective 1 Tell how external features affect an animals’ ability to survive in its environment.
- Compare and contrast the characteristics of living things in different habitats.
- Develop, communicate, and justify an explanation as to why a habitat is or is not suitable for a specific organism.
- Create possible explanations as to why some organisms no longer exist, but similar organisms are still alive today.
Objective 2 Identify basic needs of living things (plants and animals) and their abilities to meet their needs.
Supplemental Materials (pdf)
- Communicate and justify how the physical characteristics of living things help them meet their basic needs.
- Observe, record, and compare how the behaviors and reactions of living things help them meet their basic needs.
- Identify behaviors and reactions of living things in response to changes in the environment including seasonal changes in temperature and precipitation.