Last modified: February 12, 2019
Kindness Club has started and meets on Tuesdays from 3:00-4:15. We will be working on goal setting, influence, acceptance, journal writing and other activities that help us remember to be kind and do kind things for others. Kindness Club members will be asked to attend the Rachel’s Challenge Rally at Provo High School on April 27 at 6:00 pm to carry and display the Lakeview Kindness Chain.
Kindness Rally Instructions to Parents & Students
Parents and students,
We are excited to celebrate with you at the Provo Kindness Rally THIS Monday, April 27 at the Provo High Stadium!
Some important info:
- Parking: Overflow parking available at the BYU Y-lot near the Zion’s Bank on the east side of University Avenue.
- Arrival Time: Please be in the stadium before 5:45. We want to start on time, and we need plenty of time to get students lined up for the parade.
- T-Shirts: If you pre-ordered a Kindness shirt, they will be sent home on Friday. Please make sure your students wear them to the Rally! If you didn’t order a shirt, no problem — we want all students at the Rally! Sponsors have paid for extra shirts that will be handed out to students on a first-come, first-served basis. We recommend you arrive 5:15-5:30 to get your Kindness shirt.
- Arrival Procedure: Everyone will enter the southeast gate to the stadium. Parents will walk your students towards the tennis courts, where you will drop them off so they can line up for the parade. Parents and non-student siblings will then sit on the east-side bleachers. You won’t need to save seats for your students, as they will sit on the field after the parade.
- Student Pick-up: Students will stay with their school after the Rally until a parent comes to get them. Look for your school’s banner to locate your school. Please let a volunteer know you are there before you take your students.
- Contests: The school with the highest percentage of students at the Kindness Rally will receive a Spalding sports equipment set for your school, courtesy of Jimmerosity! Additionally, older students can participate in our #provokindness contest on Instagram and Facebook. When you post with the hashtag, you’re entered into a contest for individual prizes. See our website for more details: http://www.provokindness.org/social-media-contest.html
Questions? Go to the “Contact” section of provokindness.org or visit us at www.facebook.com/ provokindness.
* KSL will be highlighting our Provo Kindness Rally during their morning show this Monday! We are looking for students of all ages to join us at Lakeview Elementary (2899 W 1390 N) from 5:30am-7:00am. We want to show all of Utah that Provo is excited about our chain reactions of kindness! Segments will be live at 5:45 6:15, and 6:45.
If you’d like to be on TV with us, we’d appreciate an RSVP (by Friday): http://www.provokindness.org/contact.html. We will have Krispy Kreme donuts for everyone! Please wear your Kindness shirt or school shirt. We’ll have extra Kindness shirts for those who didn’t order one. We invite parents of elementary students to stay during that time if you are able (parents won’t be on camera, so you can come in your PJ’s!). Please pick up your children by 7:00am.
We look forward to seeing you Monday evening!
Provo Council PTA, Provo School District, and Fredette Family Foundation (“Jimmerosity”)