Adverse Childhood Experiences What are ACEs? ACEs are adverse childhood experiences. While all of us experience adversity or difficult circumstances in life, ACEs are traumatic events that occur in...
It’s time for Kindergarten Registration
Any child who will be 5 years old on or before Sept 1, 2022 is eligible for Kindergarten.
- Visit the Utah State Board of Education for more information regarding Kindergarten readiness.
Lakeview Elementary 2022-23 Kindergarten Registration
Spring Kindergarten Registration
Inscripción en el jardín de infancia En Español
Welcome, we are excited for your child to join Provo City School District! The following will provide you with information regarding the registration of your incoming Kindergarten student. Children who will be 5 years old on or before September 1 are eligible for enrollment. For a Kindergartner seeking enrollment for the current school year visit our Student Registration page.
Kindergarten – Here We Come! Pamphlet
The Utah State Office of Education together with the Utah Family Center and the Office of Child Care developed a pamphlet to support your child’s learning before entering Kindergarten. The pamphlet is available in English and Spanish or for a paper copy please contact your school.
Download Kindergarten – Here We Come! Pamphlet
Registration is a 2-step process, mainly done online.
These steps apply to any new students grades K-6
Step 1 Submit basic information beginning March 1st.
Preregistration Form for any students K-6 – Follow this link and fill out the basic information
The school’s registrar will create a Powerschool Parent Account and send you an email with further instructions. This process will happen once the school begins their Kindergarten process, please refer to the schedule below to know specific dates. Registrations that are submitted outside of the set period will experience some delay, once school starts, it will only be a matter of days to complete the process. Please contact your school’s registrar to get a more accurate idea.
Step 2 Login to Powerschool using the information sent to you in the email from the registrar. This second portion should take approximately 20-30 min. If you need assistance, please contact your school at 801-374-4990 Registrar: Gabriela Lopezor or visit our office.
Submit the following documents to the school.
- Child’s birth certificate
- Child’s immunization records (see below) – including dates of all shots, or exception certificates. Children may register but cannot attend school until immunizations are up to date and a copy of the record has been turned into the school. Please see the information about immunization for more details.
- Proof of address (example: utility bill or rental agreement)
- Photo ID
- TB testing (if applicable)** **Utah County requires proof of tuberculosis testing for ALL foreign-born students* entering schools for the first time, and students who have lived in a foreign country* for six months or more within the past five years. *except Canada
Please do not send any documentation through email, use any of the following methods to submit your documents.
- Upload documentation through PowerSchool or
- DropBox at PCSD – Drop documents into a secure mailbox located in the North West Entrance of the Building to the right of the double doors of Provo City School District’s building located at 280 W 940 N Provo. The documents will be scanned by Student Services and sent to the schools. Please seal documents into an envelope and write the name of the school on it or
- Send Registered Mail – parents would mail the documents to the schools or
- Fax – speak with the registrar and plan for arrangements or
- Call the school and make an appointment to receive the paperwork.
- For registration to be complete both the online information and the above-named items must be received by the school.
If you know of families with kindergarten-age children who will be attending school next year, please share this information with them.
Lakeview Elementary Number: 801-374-4990 Registrar: Gabriela Lopez Upon completing the online process, families can drop documentation off during school hours. Please visit https://lakeview.provo.edu/ for more information about the school.
Individuals with Disabilities
Provo City School District is interested in alleviating any unnecessary stress to individuals with disabilities. When students with disabilities are beginning school for the first time in a Provo school, they and their parents are encouraged to visit the school to identify barriers, which may require adaptations to accommodate their needs. To expedite any such accommodations, early contact with the Principal will be helpful.
For kindergarten attendance for the 2021/2022 school year, Utah State law requires the following immunizations for the protection of your child and others from communicable diseases:
- 5 DTaP*
- 4 Polio*
- 2 MMR
- 3 Hepatitis B
- 2 Hepatitis A
- 2 Varicella (Chickenpox)** *The 5th DTP and 4th Polio immunizations need to be given after the child’s 4th birthday, the first MMR and Chickenpox vaccines must be given after the first birthday.
** Documentation of varicella disease or “chickenpox” must be confirmed by your licensed healthcare provider if no varicella immunization has been given.
Immunizations are available from your personal physician or from the Utah County Health Department (UCHD) at the following times and locations. If your child needs immunizations and you will be getting them at UCHD, please take your records of previous immunizations when you go.
- 151 S. University Ave. Suite 1900, Provo Mon, Tues, Fri. 8:00 to 5:00
- 151 S. University Ave. Suite 1900, Provo Wed. 8:00 to 7:00
- 151 S. University Ave. Suite 1900, Provo Thurs. 9:00 to 5:00
- 599 S. 500 E. Suite 2, American Fork Mon. thru Fri. 8:00 to 4:30
- 285 N State Rd. 198 3rd floor, Payson Mon. thru Fri 8:00 to 11:30 & 1:00 to 4:30
To claim a personal, religious, or medical exemption, the legal guardian must complete an online educational module (free of charge) and provide a copy of the completed form to the school official. The online course can be found at www.immunize-utah.org. Completion of the online educational module can be done at the Health Department if you do not have access to a computer. For a medical exemption, a written note from a licensed health care provider must be provided along with a copy of the completed online educational module. It should state the physical condition of the student, and why that vaccine would endanger the student’s life or health.
A physical examination, including vision screening, and a dental examination is recommended for students entering kindergarten, for the first time. Although exams are not mandatory, they are encouraged as a means of assisting parents and teachers to remain well informed about the child’s physical well-being. Utah County Health Dept. Wellness Clinic performs physicals for $30. Appointments can be made by calling 801-851-7031. Physical and dental exams and immunizations are advised in the Spring and early Summer to avoid crowds in the fall.
Medications During School Hours
If your student has any medical condition that needs attention during school time, please contact the school nurse.